Here’s some useful information if you have pets who tend to chew everything.
Many houseplants are toxic to humans as well as pets. To be on the safe side, don’t let your pets ingest any house plants. Here are the varieties which are safe:
General Care Tips
We have provided basic care guidelines for each plant, but here are our five top tips.
- One of the most common problems is over-watering. Don’t be tempted to water a plant because the top of the soil feels dry, this is usually fine. Weekly watering is usually ample and this can be reduced in the winter months.
- Always remove dead or dying leaves as these can often prevent new shoots from coming through
- If leaves are curling or browning, this is probably due to too much direct sunlight and so move the plant into a shadier spot
- If the plant starts to deteriorate and you have been watering it correctly, consider moving it.
- All plants need nourishment and so we advise you to feed them once a month, perhaps a little less in winter. Carefully follow the instructions on the plant food.